Monday, June 25, 2012

Camp Mommy!

Camp mommy is officially up and running as of this morning with coordinated carpool drop offs.  I gave myself a budget and worked it like a boss to maximize area 1/2 day camps paired with free or low cost summer fun for the next 2 months. I hope to get in pool time each day with one or both kids in addition to try to get some of the items marked off my summer chore to do list.


I created a giant spreadsheet to track where the kids and I will be each week of the summer.  Of course the teacher in me just HAD to laminate it on some cute paper before posting on the fridge.

This week Ben is music and movement class and Ian is in Wee Camp at the Y.  I promised the boys we would take several summer field trips to which Ben asked if we could make t-shirts similar to what his class wore throughout the school year.

Alas what became when the boys picked iron-on transfers (Ben-Dino and Ian-Robots), mom added fabric markers and created "V-Boys Summer 2012 World Tour" t-shirt backs to detail our top 10 from the big summer fun list.
 


Number of total stranger comments the day we worn them in Florida?  3

We had an amazing trip to Florida.  In a last minute change of plans I left a couple of days early to take advantage of extra time with my brother.  I stayed completely unplugged minus a few pictures posted during the week.  When is the last time I traded 4 books and a jewelry project to finish over taking a laptop on vacation for work?

All hopes to write a longer recap post but I'll leave you with this sign I found (and couldn't resist buying.)



Perfect.


2 comments:

Beth said...

Yay! Welcome home.

Carrie said...

It sounds like you've gotten a lot of time in with your brother this year, and you're enjoying every minute of it. That sign is hellarious!