Monday, June 16, 2008

Selective Incorporation Docterine of the 14th Amendment

If that title didn't put you to sleep, than imagine sitting through a hour lecture today on effective ways to help your students understand and then apply using the due process and equal protection clause. The worst part is that I was the one that asked the instructor to explain as I can't get my kids to understand it when I teach it. So one of my major tasks this summer it to work each week on my AP Government class that I am bringing on board this fall to my school. I have taught this class before, but it was over 5 years ago at another school, so I jumped at the chance to get to be a student all week at Wake Forest University and participate in a week long AP seminar.

I do believe that I could be an eternal student and live in a lecture hall as a career. That is if I didn't have to do any work/papers, but could spend my days listening and discussing with other like minded souls. I have a wonderful group of rising Seniors, most of all I already know from teaching them civics or through National Honor Society that I advise. We are working on the McCain and Obama campaigns in the Raleigh field offices this fall as part of the class. How cool is that!!!!

No comments: