Monday, June 23, 2008

First Real Day of Summer!


So after being gone all last week with AP training plus an all day workshop on Saturday at my alma mater UNC-Chapel Hill on political satire that an old professor from grad school was presenting, "From Twain to Colbert"I am home and ready to tackle my list. I had a great week and got alot done on my class. Plus the chance to collaborate with other Gov/Politics teachers was the best part. So since my list officially started with Memorial Day weekend and so far here we go with what I've done:


Sort giant mound of filing cabinet papers

plant daylillies and hostas

plan ben's second birthday party (See photo- I think he enjoyed it)

make strawberry jam

organize all AP gov resources set up a place to work all summer

clean out outside storage room

start a give away/donate pile in the garage

go through all ben's old 0-12 month toys and consign/give away at least 50%

get family photos taken

Go out with Bill for one of at least 3 summer dates

Check out and pick one day a week summer care for ben

Update Netflix cue with my "heather movies" to watch this summer

Start Food Co-Op with friends and plan first month (made my entries today to freeze)


Good Start but so much more to go ( I did watch the past few weeks of 30 Days while ironing today- so I didn't use that time as effectively as I could have). Tomorrow I am taking bottles to babies r us for a store credit for BPA-free tomorrow plus keeping an appointment for myself in Chapel Hill. Mark two more items off!





1 comment:

Laura said...

Impressive. I'm excited if I finish the laundry.