Monday, November 16, 2009

At Least No One Froze My Bra!

Since my boobs these days look more and more like a Vegas hooker I am SUPER happy the our girls weekend didn't involve any pranks, just lots of great times over a beautiful weekend in Blowing Rock. Check out Laura's fabulous post with pictures to boot of Moms Gone Wild. That is if you consider wild: sleeping in, eating way too much yummy food, hot tubbing for those who could, and lots and lots of endearing conversations. I think we ran the gamut from discussions of the importance of beer koozies to the many struggles to balance mommyhood with some semblance of a normal life.

Adult friendships are so much more different than any other I've had in my life. It becomes all to easy to find yourself too busy to keep up beyond elecronic means as you balance juggling your duties and responsibilities. I do believe that maintaining an ongoing friendship requires a different commitment. You are now making the choice to be with these friends often in place of time with additional time with your spouse and children.

I could not agree more that I love the picture of us laughing best of all. How appropriate to recall that of our time spent together it is endearing to know that you are loved for all your faults as much as what you bring to the group.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

I don't think any of us will EVER forget what you brought to the group. HA! Kidding of course!

Super fun weekend made all the better by knowing by the next time we do this, there will be too little babies in the group. And I'm glad we all decided to take a chance and watch a tv show together bc I wouldn't trade Wednesday night for anything.

Except LOST!